Welcome to the TCS Website. It provides information about the journals Theory, Culture & Society and Body & Society, as well as the Theory, Culture & Society Book Series. Extending the discussions and debates that TCS has been fostering in the areas of sociology, cultural theory and social theory for over three decades, here you will find interviews, discussions, reviews, images and podcasts about and around the key topics covered in the journals and books. It also has a range of extra material, including a section on key theorists and a glossary of the latest theoretical concepts.
Recent Blog Posts
- Video: Emily Cohen on Disciplining Pain and Masculinity
- Les Back: How Blue Can You Get? BB King, Planetary Humanism and the Blues Behind Bars (PART ONE)
- Review of Rob Kitchin’s The Data Revolution
- Review of Félix Guattari, Machinic Eros: Writings on Japan
- Interview with Lisa McKenzie on ‘Getting By’: Estates, Class and Culture in Austerity Britain
TCS Book Series
The TCS Book Series has published more than 130 titles so far. The series covers a range of key issues in social and cultural theory, such as global modernities, automobilties, space, culture, performance, love and eroticism, and includes volumes by many of the leading figures in the field, such as: Jean Baudrillard, Zygmunt Bauman, Ulrich Beck, Pierre Bourdieu, Christine Buci-Glucksmann, Norman Denzin, Norbert Elias, Scott Lash, Michel Maffesoli, Roland Robertson, Nigel Thrift, Bryan Turner, John Urry and Michel Wieviorka.