Welcome to the TCS Website. It provides information about the journals Theory, Culture & Society and Body & Society, as well as the Theory, Culture & Society Book Series. Extending the discussions and debates that TCS has been fostering in the areas of sociology, cultural theory and social theory for over three decades, here you will find interviews, discussions, reviews, images and podcasts about and around the key topics covered in the journals and books. It also has a range of extra material, including a section on key theorists and a glossary of the latest theoretical concepts.
Recent Blog Posts
- Volker H. Schmidt on Global Modernity
- Ross Abbinnett on Trolling the Net: The Phenomenology of Love and Hate
- Zones of Indeterminacy: An interview with Peng Yu
- Ulrich Beck: Free Access to all his TCS articles and selected book chapters
- Earl Gammon & Duncan Wigan on Veblen, Bataille and Financial Innovation
TCS Book Series
The TCS Book Series has published more than 130 titles so far. The series covers a range of key issues in social and cultural theory, such as global modernities, automobilties, space, culture, performance, love and eroticism, and includes volumes by many of the leading figures in the field, such as: Jean Baudrillard, Zygmunt Bauman, Ulrich Beck, Pierre Bourdieu, Christine Buci-Glucksmann, Norman Denzin, Norbert Elias, Scott Lash, Michel Maffesoli, Roland Robertson, Nigel Thrift, Bryan Turner, John Urry and Michel Wieviorka.